Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Colonoscopy


Performed a colonoscopy to examine on my chronic constipation. Found the cause of my IBS(irregular bowel system); due to my 'longer than normal' large intestines. Doc said that due to this, my intestines can 'keep stock' up to a week, compared to the 'normal stock' of 2 days.

Colonoscopy is the endoscopic examination of the large colon and the distal part of the small bowel with a CCD camera or a fiber optic camera on a flexible tube passed through the anus. It may provide a visual diagnosis (e.g. ulceration, polyps) and grants the opportunity for biopsy or removal of suspected lesions.


Definition courtesy of Wikipedia.com http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonoscopy


Anyway, was relieved as it did not show any peculiarity or growth that will eventually turn malignant. Was given RM 400++ worth of medicines to 'normalize' my bowel system which is called as 'Lazy Bowel System'.

No comments: